What a year 2017 was. We put on a great show and grew our membership from around 50 to over 90 by the end of the year. There were 20 or more gig requests and we started a Music Team to spread the objective of helping us all improve and aim for excellent singing across additional talented heads. We are ever evolving and flexing as we grow (oooh urrr)
The benefit we are wanting to bring about:
- Clarity on what the priority gigs are and what is expected for each one
- Support members to make decisions about what we get involved with as a choir
- Members encouraging sign ups from other members.
Introducing Sing and Go, Booked and Project Gig categories
All that is happening is hope to make it clearer and simpler what is expected from different types of gigs given how varied our membership is.
Recent example gigs and how we would categorise them if they were booked tomorrow:
- World Aids Day gig in December (which didn't get enough singers to go ahead ) = Sing and Go
- Jamie and Richard's Wedding in June, extra rehearsal and back cat rep = Booked Gig
- 50 Years of Change as we have self organised these gigs. = Project Gigs
This starts to also help prioritise gigs, with Project Gigs being first, Booked gigs and Sing and Go gigs should be seen as "added bonuses" if we can get enough people - so if you want to sing then nudge, post on FB walls or whatsapp those last few people to get us over the line.
What is staying the same?
What do you think? Got any questions? Comment below or chat to one of the organising team in the pub :)